What was the last game you played: New Era

Fallout 4. Finally playing the Automatron DLC.

Batman: Arkham Knight

Seriously, don’t get what people are still complaining about.
The game completely playable now. Looks gorgeous. Has a great story, solid gameplay… and a beautiful world to explore.
It’s been playable for me since the major patch released last August. But, they’ve followed that up with a series of patches and updates, one damn near every month.

But, I think I get some of it.
I see people posting Rig specs lower then mine, and complaining about poor frame rates because they are trying to play at 1440p with all the Nvidia gameworks features on. And… when the PC can’t handle it, it’s the developers fault. Yeah… that’s not how that works.

Doom

On my second playthrough getting those collectables and classic levels.

Hard Reset Redux

I just played and finished Batman Arkham Knight as well and it ran great for me. Granted, it’s been nearly a year or so since it came out.

I really liked this one. Much better than all the rest so far.

I’ve had it since release.
And, really, the only thing I ran into at release was a texture streaming issue.

The 30fps cap was annoying, but… it was a smooth 30, so it was playable. And, when they released the first major patch in August, the game was completely fine for me.
I just see a lot of people complaining about how it performs. Yet, they are trying to max it out at 4K on hardware less then mine.
Of course it’s not going to run smoothly.

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. :slight_smile:

Call of Duty: Black Ops III

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. Little late to the game, but I finally beat it.

Duke Nukem Forever…

I installed the game as i had a hankering for some Nukem and i didn’t realise how slow and clunky the game is, both frame rate and gameplay, I suppose i shouldn’t have played it right after a more modern game in Doom.

It sorta makes me sad thinking what was it i was waiting for, for all those years.

Frame rate?
DNF has always run smooth for me. With adaptive v-sync on I hold a solid 60fps with no issues. With it off, the game pushes over 100fps.

What issues are you having frame rate wise?

It bottlenecked a few times, i never remember it doing that back when it released… Geeze, i can’t even remember what card i was using back then.

I thought a 980 wouldn’t even break a sweat running it.

I have a 970 and didn’t have a single issue running the game from start to finish plus the DLC when I replayed it a few months back.
I don’t think it’s an issue with the game itself. While disappointing as a Duke game, the PC version was pretty damn solid. At release up to this day I still get solid, great performance. Incredibly fast load times. And zero crashes or issues.

Do you have your power management mode running at “prefer maximum performance” or “adaptive”? Adaptive will clock your GPU up and down to conserve energy.

I just do this for the Global Profile, so it only has to be done once.

Prefer maximum Performance.

Default is adaptive, but I always change it after a driver update.

Also…

Dead Island Definitive Edition

This is a great remaster.
Techland really put a lot of effort into it, redoing damn near every texture. Replacing particles, effects… remodeling weapons.
Easily worth it’s price if you enjoyed the original.

Overwatch

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

The new RE7 announcement got me feeling all nostalgia. Started a new game of Resident Evil on my old Playstation 2 (thank god it’s backwards compatible)… and a new game in RE4 on my PC.