What is Bombshell 1.3 status?

Would it be possible to get an update on the status of the 1.3 patch for Bombshell? There’s a handful of people on the Steam community board asking about it. A few of them getting really negative, and taking every opportunity they have to say it’ll never come out, etc, etc.

An update would be cool.

Isn’t 1.3 the Console issue for Bombshell? (I am on GoG only with this game)

That was my understanding. The original post about 1.3 said:

The next update for Bombshell will be a “Definitive” update, that includes everything we’ve been able to collect in terms of feedback. This is the version that will launch on consoles”.

The assumption that some people are making is that with the announcement of Rad Rodgers (which looks awesome, and I’ve backed it), they’re forgetting about Bombshell and moving on. I really hope that’s not the case.

It is doubtful anyone would fully abandon a project like that. Well, we need that update now. :grinning:

I agree. Others, not so much. Even though I don’t think they’re just forgetting about the game, an update would be nice.

1 Like

I think they’re waiting it out. Sales were poor for Bombshell; critics ripped it and never bothered giving the patched versions a try. It’s a great game, and each patch polished up a lot. But, the old reviews, and the steep price tag, didn’t mix well.

You can imagine this is why they made a Kickstarter. I’ve already backed it, looks very promising. Side-scrollers aren’t as daunting to programme compared to 3D games, so that must’ve helped.

[quote=“JakeTheVoice, post:6, topic:418”]
I think they’re waiting it out. Sales were poor for Bombshell; critics ripped it and never bothered giving the patched versions a try. It’s a great game, and each patch polished up a lot. But, the old reviews, and the steep price tag, didn’t mix well.[/quote]

That would be really unfortunate. Assuming they can get the game working flawlessly on the consoles, get the critics to give the console editions new reviews, and lower the price a bit, I think the game could yet enjoy success. I don’t think it’ll magically become a big hit, but maybe they could recover the development costs, or at the very least dig themselves out of the hole a little more.

The numbers for sales are really bad on Steam Spy, although the game did feature on GOG’s top sales back when it was on sale there last. What that came out to as far as actual units sold, who knows.

An update was posted to the Bombshell message board on Steam. Seems 1.3 is still in the works, and bigger than expected.

Thanks for the update, @Frederik.Schreiber, it’s much appreciated. :+1:

the patch was ready they were just holding back releasing because of the ps4 execs paid them to avoid patching the PC game until the ps4 bombshell was released. which is stupid as the ps4 release will bomb as well. ps4 players dont give a ■■■■ about this game.

I think I became ill from reading this post

You’ve made an account on the 3drealms and duke4 forums, just to bash on 3drealms and Interceptor.
You’re comments also remind me a lot of some douche spreading his cancer everywhere on the Bombshell steam forums, called ‘HardDisk Productions’. Something tells me you’re one and the same person.
Git sum hobbiz plis… :kissing_heart:

I highly doubt that Playstation is interested in a game that has been out of the better part of a year on PC, and thus far has been a critical and commercial failure. Unless there’s actual evidence to support it, a claim like that is just silly.

its pretty standard procedure that playstation pays devs to withhold releasing anything until after the ps4 release is published. Over at the steam boards they detail more. I agree, console players won’t rush to purchase this game and it’ll become a huge hit. Seems like they’re hoping the game will be a success on the ps4 because on the PC it was a failure. tl;dr it’ll be a failure on the ps4 as well.

I got a hobby already :slight_smile:

I never said it would be a failure on the consoles, in fact I said the opposite. If it works, gets new reviews, and a price adjustment, it could be find some success.

Is there some evidence of this? Beyond Steam users commenting on the message boards, I mean. I don’t see everything, all the time, but I’ve never heard of this practice, and I read plenty of industry news.

I’m not saying they don’t do that at all, I’d just be surprised if they did that with Bombshell. Unless someone at Playstation really has a thing for championing poorly reviewed, underperforming games.

I’m guessing the majority of people that will end up buying Bombshell on consoles aren’t PC gamers. There’s not going to be much crossover, so there’s virtually no point in them trying to subvert the patching of the PC game.

over at the steam boards they mention a few examples of games that had their patches delayed, with their devs claiming that the patches required more q/a when really it was because they were paid to delay the patch until after the ps4 version came.