What games are you most looking forward to in 2016?

For me, it’s…

1. Bombshell
  2. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
  3. Quantum Break

You? :slight_smile:

Lets see…

1. Doom
  2. Shadow Warrior 2
  3. Rise of the Tomb Raider (I don’t own an Xbox, or any new consoles for that matter)
  4. Mafia III
  5. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

There are a bunch others I’m really interested in, and some I want to play just to see.
But, these five… have been my most wanted for some time. And some (Doom, Mafia III and on) have been games I’ve been wanting for YEARS.

I forgot about Shadow Warrior 2. I’m kind of meh about Doom. I’d rather id do something new/original.

Well, they tried something new (RAGE) and people just kind of wrote it off, which is sad because RAGE is awesome.

But, I’m a huge Doom fan. So, I have to get it. And, really, the footage they’ve put out looks like a lot of fun.

Yeah, Rage was pretty good. If you want to look at it over all their product since the original Doom in 1993, they’ve more or less just just done the same game over and over, just different tech (save for Rage). That’s the main reason I’m meh about the new Doom. New idea, people. Please?

Well, they aren’t cranking out games like Acitivision does with Call of Duty, so… they can keep making them as they like. :wink:

Also, I love id’s games (mostly, Quake 3… meh).
And, Doom 3 was a departure in some ways. Being a slower pace, and more of a horror aspect then straight out run and gun.
And, I love that they’ve handed the Wolfenstein series off. As, each entry from Return to Castle Wolfenstein up through to the newest Wolf: The Old Blood have been so great.

But, there’s a lot about the new Doom I really like.
The art style and design looks great. And the return of colored keys…there’s a little bit of me that loves that tiny element.
And, in the end, just the flat out over the top violence and combat of it looks great.

I will say, for 2016… I’m also interested in FarCry: Primal. The change in setting and style is definitely catching my eye.

I’m looking forward to these games :smiley:

1. DOOM
2. Descent Underground
3. Shadow Warrior 2

Bombshell Prequel.
I’ve got very high expectations, because it’s build-based. Should be a feeling like coming home.
Greetings
Funduke

In no specific order:
Doom, Bombshell (incl. prequel), Shadow Warrior 2, Uncharted 4, Tomb Raider on ps4,…

Doom 4 and shadow warrior 2. The shadw warrior reboot took me by surprise, Pumped almost 80 hours into it.

Mass Effect Andromeda, Shadow Warrior 2, and Dovetail Flight Simulator (built using a modded FSX engine).

Bombshell, of course!

I’m looking forward to many of the same ones other have mentioned. The ones I’m really excited for are
Nier: Automata, Horizon: Zero Dawn, and two games I contributed to during crowdfunding drives, Night Cry and Tokyo Dark. I can see all of those getting pushed to 2017, so we’ll see what happens.

Hitman & Bombshell.
I only get two games per year, so …

I agree with the consensus with Doom 4, that’s first and foremost. This franchise has been long overdue, too many Wolfenstein games, need Doom games, need Quake games.

With that out of the way, I’d probably go out on a limb that there’s no word from Valve about revisiting the HL franchise?

Another +1 for Doom, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Hitman and No Man’s Sky.

I am also looking forward to Firewatch.

Nothing yet, but surely they’re working on it. Right? RIGHT??? :confused:

Bombshell, Uncharted 4, Ratchet n Clank!, Shadow Warrior 2, if possible Rise of Tomb Raider (PS4).

Valve have said in recent years and interviews that their focus is entirely on hardware and MP based games. As they see it, gaming today is all about the online/multiplayer experience.
And they don’t see a story driven campaign fitting into the gaming world today.

Which, Valve haven’t released anything game wise that’s been really worth while since The Orange Box IMO. Portal 2 was good, but not needed. I mean, it’s going on nine years since Episode Two.
And the only thing Half-Life related we’ve gotten since then has been Black Mesa. Which was awesome.

Personally, I say if Valve has no interest in continuing the HL story. Give it to the Crowbar Collective and let them make the next HL title.

That’s just sad. Sometimes I honestly wonder if they’re just afraid that they couldn’t produce something that would live up to the hype.

Getting back on topic, I’m looking forward to the recently announced Livelock.

I don’t think they are worried about measuring up.
I think they are making enough off of Steam, the Steam hardware… and games like CS, Dota and such… that they just don’t care about HL anymore.