Steam version of duke nukem 3d megaton edition not working?

I have the megaton version of duke nukem 3d on steam. I cant seem to get it to work. I tried changing the compatibility settings and I have also attempted to change other things in the settings and when I go to start a new game it just crashes. The only thing that works is the classic edition and everything else is broken. Has anyone else expirenced this problem and if so how have you solved it? Thanks for reading this.

What are your computer specs? Why are you having trouble running the game, maybe you have out of date drivers for your graphics card. Have you tried other games on Steam?

My other steam games are not having problems. My graphics drivers are up to date. I have an AMD 8 core cpu 32gb of ram and a 1080

Go to your
Control Panel>Programs>Programs And Features
Click> Turn Windows Features on or off

Look for Legacy or Legacy Components

Should show a box that says Directplay

Yeah I just looked there. The direct play was already checked I didn’t even have to do it.

I give up on it. I am not sure I am ever going to get this thing working correctly which is unfortunate as duke nukem 3d brings back a lot of good memories. Well thanks everyone who tried to help.

Verify your game cache if you haven’t already.
If you still can’t get the MT edition working there’s at least the option to use the GRP files with the EDuke32 source port, which would give you the choice of the classic, polymost and polymer renderers, map and mod support and a host of configuration options.

Also have a look if there is some kind of ‘redistributables’ subfolder in the game directory.
Some games require stuff like vcredist, .NET or older DirectX.

And also have a look arond the Steam community discussions for that game. Maybe there are other persons who had similar problems.

My other steam games are not having problems. My graphics drivers are up to date. I have an AMD 8 core cpu 32gb of ram and a 1080

what is the whole specs 1080 what ?
Try memtest to see if ram is bad.

Look on the forums in steam for fix.

Game crashes on startup:

• It may happen if game resource are corrupted. Try to verify game cache (Right click on the game in Library->Properties->Local files-> Verify integriry of game cache). If any problem found you then you need to reinstall the game
  • Some AMD video cards users are having problems caused by AMD drivers. To fix that you need to install different version of video card drivers. Try to revert your drivers to Catalyst 13.1.