Keen was Bombshells buddy

There’s a reference to Commander Keen in the Intro sequence.

Greetings
Funduke

1 Like

There some other fun hidden stuff too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

someone forgot to eat their veggies

3 Likes

Aaah! Just looked into it: the Band names on the “Caste '97” poster in the garage of the intro movie:
‘The Interceptors’ - the developing company
’Aardwolf’ - comes from the ‘Call Apogee, say Aardwolf’ easter-egg in Wolf3D
’Raptor’ - an Apogee-Game
’FNORD’ - Reminds me, that i did read Illuminatus! and Schrödingers cat when i was 14 - 16 years old. That’s a long time ago (born 1972). Here’s the Wikipedia entry:

… there are also other names, that don’t blink that quick in my eyes though. Please post if you (the current reader) have them in mind.

@KaijuTurtle: Thank you for the nice screenshot.

Greetings
Funduke

1 Like

Lee Jackson and I glommed onto Fnord because it was a goofy sounding word. Nothing to do with the Illuminati.

Also, the connection to Steve Jackson Games.

http://www.sjgames.com/misc/fnord.html

1 Like

At least it confirms Keen is pretty much dead…

Cameos don’t confirm anything. The reality is the Keen rights are controlled by Zenimax, unfortunately. I’m aware of a couple of attempts to acquire the rights, which have amounted to nothing, unfortunately.

1 Like

Keen never dies… :wink:

1 Like

I’m kind of surprised they’d hang on to it, especially if people were offering them money for it. It just doesn’t seem like the sort of IP they’d be interested in doing anything with. If nothing else, they should open it up for other developers to take a crack at, like Square Enix has done with Fear Effect.