Ion Maiden Reveal Trailer!

WE’RE BACK! 3D Realms excited to bring back our famous Build engine, which powered Duke Nukem 3D, Blood, Shadow Warrior and other 90’s hits. ION MAIDEN is the real deal, using our original tech from that famous era that launched the FPS genre.

3D Realms are proud to bring back the Build engine, which powered Duke Nukem 3D, Blood, and Shadow Warrior, in all of its hand-crafted pixelated glory. Welcome to ION MAIDEN! Shelly “Bombshell” Harrison earned her nickname as a bomb disposal expert for the Global Defense Force. When transhumanist cult mastermind Dr. Jadus Heskel unleashes a cybernetic army on Neo DC, Shelly decides it’s time to start chucking bombs rather than defusing them. Her journey will leave trails of blood and gore in huge, multi-path levels filled with those famous colorful keycards and plenty of secrets and Easter Eggs to discover behind every corner. Order Ion Maiden now, and get access to the exclusive preview campaign TODAY!

Best of all? You can play it RIGHT NOW with 10% discount!

3D Realms DRM Free:

The only thing missing is a big box physical edition for that real old school feel. :slight_smile: I’m still upset at myself that I threw out my old boxed copy of Shadow Warrior, and when I re-ordered the game direct from 3D Realms, I only got the jewel case. :o I’ll pre-order it here as soon as I load some money on my card.

That’s coming later in the year. :slight_smile:

That actually looks like fun.
Will give it a try.

• Is the released chapter exclusive or will it be included in the final game?
  • Will there be a (limited) boxed copy available? (‘No’ is not accepted!)

Will y’all be putting out demo for this game? It doesn’t have to be a full campaign LOL or even a full chapter but I’d love to try it. It would also add to that old-school vibe (shareware FTW). :wink:

I grabbed this up the minute it hit Steam this morning.
But, had to go to work… so only just now got to play it. And I love it.

So many great things to say… but… I lack the proper words. So, I’ll just say… congrats and amazing work to TX and everyone over at Void Point. Can’t wait for more.

I’ve been trending away from early access stuff lately, but this one I bought without hesitation. Great work by the team at VoidPoint, they really know their stuff, and their passion shows. I’m happy to see the game trending on Steam, and I hope it’s a big hit for you guys.

Now lets get some Ion Maiden merch going, guys! I wanna wear an Ion Maiden t shirt to comic-con this year!

Super psyched to hear there’s going to be a physical edition of the full game. I’ll be getting that for sure!

If I buy Ion Maiden directly from 3D Realms site, will I receive Steam code too ? Only will I have DRM free version ? Thanks for reply.

You will have the DRM free version.

To have it on STEAM, you will need to buy it through STEAM. But, TX said the team gets more if you buy it through 3DRealms.

Thanks for your reply. I know, developers must pay for Steam service. Unfortunately I prefer Steam version. So I have to buy it on Steam althought the game is more expensive there (17.99 Euros versus 17.99 dollars).
I will wait for box version and what will be inside :-). I hope it will be available in my country.

bought it this morning after a heads up from damien. it is awesome :slight_smile: great job! can’t wait for the full game!
now off to hunt down those secrets :wink:

The full campaign will be a completely new experience, though you might see a few familiar areas revisited.

There will be a full retail box - a big one too. With floppies and everything. :wink:

There are no plans for that at this time.

Duly noted, but I’m not aware of anything there. I’ll have to confirm with Fred.

Update: Spoke with Fred, he said there will be Ion Maiden merch at some point. :slight_smile:

Quote on the Ion Maiden catalog page:

If you order now (Early Access), you’ll be granted immediate access to an exclusive multi-hour preview campaign! (PC, Linux).

Great! I just ordered it through 3D Realms. However, I only see a Windows installer under “My Games”.

Where can I download the Linux installer?

This apparently solved it for me in Arch Linux:

$ sudo pacman -S p7zip sdl2_mixer
$ 7z x IonMaiden_Preview-1.0.exe
$ chmod +x IonMaiden_Linux.bin
$ ./IonMaiden_Linux.bin

Cool! Thanks for looking into it!

I just got the Early Access! Good stuff! Is there a working editor? Or one I could use?

Will there be a suggestions thread?

So I have a question about the minimum requirements. I have enough processor (i3 540), 8gb ram, win7 64, and enough vram (1gb gts 250), but only dx9. So, is that dx11 minimum a hard limit?

Nevermind. I bought it and it works, but it ain’t pretty. Gotta run it around 720p on classic to get 20ish fps. Oh well, still get to support you guys a little.