Duke leftovers

It is funny, that the text-formatted files have everywhere strings like “dukegame” or “dukemd” in it. Wasn’t this originally intended to be “Duke Nukem Mass Destruction”? And the standard enemy is exactly that one from Duke Nukem 3D. No problem, as long as there is no danger of a new lawsuit because of the duke-enemies… :wink:
Bombshell and Duke might still be living in the same fictional universe. And maybe, one or two centuries in the future 3DRealms/Interceptor and Gearbox might smoke the peace pipe, reunite the worlds and Duke and Shelly might battle together like it is their original fate.

Greetings
Funduke

1 Like

I would suspect it was all cleared as part of whatever the settlement was. What did you think of the game in general?

I like it. The look is beautiful in my eyes. The humor fits my taste. The personality, look and behaviour of the heroine leads me to fall in love for her. The antagonist reminds me of the borg queen - weird and gory. The game is playable with cheats, that’s important to play the game in a stress-free way: Just exploring and enjoying what i see is very often enough for me, when i play games.

Greetings
Funduke

2 Likes

Agreed on all counts. It might not be for everyone, but I’m sure enjoying it.

1 Like

We can only hope Duke and Shelly will meet up at some point. Right now I think they’re not exactly on good terms though…

Just before first patches arrived, there were few Duke Models in the game files. Managed to grab 'em and make few pictures too. I would share those pictures but I think I’m not allowed.

Maybe some day, but for now I’d say it’s better to not publish anything.

Meh, I like Shelly way better, anyway. :wink:

1 Like

She’s a very different character from Duke, thankfully.

I was actually wondering if 3DReals would buy Duke back.
Sure, the whole DNF story was a mess, but Duke is a 3DRealms project, it just doesn’t feel right having some other company own the rights :confused:

As long as they use the franchise to make a fantastic product, why not.
Look at Max Payne and Shadow warrior, also 3drealms ip’s. They ended up doing pretty well if you ask me.

1 Like

3D Realms doesn’t own those IP’s, either. Max Payne in a VERY long time. We sold the rights to that inbetween the first and second Max Payne games. We were hired back to work on Max Payne 2, and then Max 3 and the movie we had nothing to do with.